Re: tabs

  • Kev
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 25, 2007
      Tzadik Vanderhoof wrote:
      How do I get vim to not put in tabs automatically when I indent?  I want it to use spaces only.

      --
      Tzadik

      I have the following in my .vimrc
      " Tab stuff
      set shiftwidth=4
      set softtabstop=4
      set expandtab
      :retab
      While editing files if you :set expandtab without doing a :retab, some of the tabs may not be converted.
      Kevin