Re: About the iskeyword settings for PHP

  • Antony Scriven
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2007
      On 25/07/07, Jack Donohue <jmdonohue@...> wrote:

      > > > Why is the $ sign added to iskeyword in ftplugin/php.vim?
      > >
      > > Because it's a keyword character in php! Otherwise stuff
      > > like `daw' or more importantly tag-related commands might
      > > not do what you expect. --Antony
      >
      > But it has exactly the same use as in perl, and the perl
      > scripts don't include the $ in the word search (* or #).

      Okay, scratch that. A quick test here reveals that I need
      isk-=$ for ^] to work properly to jump to tags; and yet
      I use it at work without problems. Probably I've done
      something to my setup ... :-) However we do seem to need
      isk+=$ for [i etc. to work properly, maybe that was the
      maintainer's motivation. --Antony

      P.S. The maintainer seems to be unreachable at the address
      noted in php.vim. Dan Sharp, and syntax maintainer Peter
      Hodge, do either of you read this list? I sent you both
      patches in May.