Re: How to get rid of this hit-enter prompt

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2007
      Antun Karlovac wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've got the following set of functions to format some text (the
      > shortcuts won't work). I get the press-enter message, after hitting
      > Ctrl+H then pressing 1 or two and then enter. I want to avoid this
      > message altogether:
      >
      > function! MakeHeading1()
      > :normal ^O 72i= jo 72i= k?EURO kb:ce
      > jj6 ^
      > endfunction MakeHeading2
      >
      > function! MakeHeading2()
      > :normal ^O 72i- jo 72i- k?EURO kb:ce
      > jj6 ^
      > endfunction MakeHeading2
      >
      > function! SetHeadingLevel()
      > let hl = inputlist(['Select heading level:',
      > \'1. Heading Level 1',
      > \'2. Heading Level 2'])
      > if hl == 1
      > call MakeHeading1()
      > elseif hl == 2
      > call MakeHeading2()
      > endif
      > echo v:scrollstart
      > endfunction " SetHeadingLevel()
      > map <C-h> :call SetHeadingLevel()<CR>
      >
      > I've tried setting noshowcmd, which didn't do anything in my case, and
      > increasing cmdheight, but I don't want to lose lines to the command.

      Try ":set nomore". But you may miss some messages then, if they are removed
      before you have the time to see them.

      > Is there any way of preventing this message from happening, or writing
      > in a manual "Enter" confirmation?
      >
      > It's caused by the inputlist() function call.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Antun

      Expense Accounts, n.:
      Corporate food stamps.

    • Antun Karlovac
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2007
        Thanks, but that didn't seem to have any effect. I tried manually
        calling ":set nomore", as well as adding it to the _vimrc file. I
        restarted Vim too.