Re: yanked 53 lines, pasted 50?

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20 12:21 PM
      I did use the visual mode.
      I tried yanking 100 lines, it still only gave me 50.

      On Jul 20, 1:36 pm, "Gene Kwiecinski" <gkwiecin...@...> wrote:
      > >I yanked 53 lines, but when I pasted it to another file, I got only 50
      > >lines. The last three lines are gone. Is there a limitation of how
      > >many lines vim can hold?
      >
      > Gnope, not that I ever encountered. Did 1000s of lines w/o a hitch.
      >
      > How'd you yank 'em originally? '53Y'? Highlight visually and then yank
      > 'em?
      >
      > No weirdo control chars anywhere to mung the c&p?

    • Matthew Winn
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21 1:01 AM
        On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:21:35 -0000, Jerry <zhiweiwang@...>
        wrote:

        > I did use the visual mode.
        > I tried yanking 100 lines, it still only gave me 50.

        Are you quitting Vim between the yank and the put? By default only 50
        lines are saved: see ":help 'viminfo'" for details. If you stay in Vim
        then there's no practical limit on the number of lines saved.

        --
        Matthew Winn