Testing ability to post to new list: Test #1

  • Jeffery Small
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2007
      Please ignore this test. Thanks.
      --
      Jeff
    • jeff@cjsa.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2007
        On Jul 20, 11:26 am, j...@... (Jeffery Small) wrote:
        > text_part
        > 1KDownload

        Whats the deal? I have a local.vim group in my local usenet news
        hierarchy which forwards posts to vim@.... I sent in a test
        message
        with one simple line that read:

        Please ignore this test. Thanks.

        When I got the message bounced back to me, the content reads:

        UGxlYXNlIGlnbm9yZSB0aGlzIHRlc3QuICBUaGFua3MuCi0tCkplZmYKCg==

        And when I look at it on google groups it is as shown above. When I
        try to
        download the 1K text portion it says that the document is not
        available!

        I'm posting this from the google web pace so I hope it will show up.
        Can anyone explain what is happening?
        --
        Jeff

      • Michael F. Lamb
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
          > I'm posting this from the google web pace so I hope it will show up.
          > Can anyone explain what is happening?

          No clue as to *why* any of that is happening, but that long string of
          characters is the base64-encoded version of the string:
          'Please ignore this test. Thanks.\n--\nJeff\n\n'

          In your original post, I notice the header:

          Maybe that's trying to tell my mail client to decode your text, but it
          does not.

          Good luck
          -Mike

        • Mika Fischer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
            * Michael F. Lamb <mike@...> [2007-07-21 19:20]:
            > In your original post, I notice the header:

            > Maybe that's trying to tell my mail client to decode your text, but it
            > does not.

            That's probably true and mutt also displays the original message
            correctly...

            Regards,
            Mika

          • manuhack