RE: subscription and e-mail usage problem

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20, 2007
      Tony wrote:

      > At @..., I received both confirmation
      > emails from vim-experiment (the first one
      > _asking_ for confirmation and the other one
      > saying I was subscribed) but nothing else,
      > neither copies of what I was posting nor of
      > what other people were posting.

      Question for Tony: How did you respond to the first
      email, the one _asking_ for confirmation? Did you
      send a reply or did you click on a link?

      Suggestion for Rob: use the click method.

      --Suresh

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20, 2007

        > Suggestion for Rob: use the click method.
        >
        > --Suresh

        Thanks, but I've tried both and neither works. I
        have unsubscribed and resubscribed, I have
        changed my e-mail address on the account
        that works, o2.co.uk to the one that doesn't
        gsi.de, confirmed the change, then I can no
        longer send posts or receive from the list, both
        of which I can do on the o2.co.uk. I think Tony
        may have hit on the only possible method, but
        I don't like it :-)

      • Andy Kittner
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20, 2007
          Hi all, I just want to add my 2cent to the mystery...

          I subscribed to vim-experiment via the email interface and after I send
          the confirmation mail I got back an email that stated that I was already
          subscribed. At first I thought that some error had occurred, but when
          emails arrived I decided to ignore it.

          After Bram announced that he had also moved vim-dev and vim-user, I
          tried subscribing the same way - this time I got positive answers to my
          confirmation mails, but than didn't receive any Messages since then.

          So I conclude that my ISP doesn't filter, but the subscription process
          is a bit buggy.. I just flipped my subscription via the web-interface
          from email to off and than back on and see what happens. If it doesn't
          work I'll probably try playing the unsubscribe/ subscribe game and if
          that doesn't help either, well gmane gets vim-dev and vim-user mail
          again so I'll just go back to lurk using their nntp service ;-)

          Just one more thing: As quite some people seem to have problems, has
          anybody tried contacting the google people yet? Might save future
          subscribers some confusion if the problem could be fixed at the source.

          best regards
          Andy

          --
          BOFH Excuse #94: