Re: 'fileencodings': Why use ucs-2le for cp936 file?

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2007
      panshizhu@... wrote:
      > "A.J.Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> 写于 2007-06-06 10:30:54:
      >>> 1. will vim write BOM when writing to unicode files? or is there any
      >>> options for that?
      >> :setlocal bomb
      >>
      >> When opening a Unicode file, Vim will set or clear the buffer-local
      > 'bomb'
      >> option according to the presence or absence of a BOM. That option is
      >> irrelevant for non-Unicode files. You can also set or clear it manually.
      > When
      >> creating a new Unicode file from scratch, a BOM will be set, or
      > not,depending
      >> on the corresponding global setting, so if you want your new Unicode
      > files to
      >> be created with a BOM, you may add
      >>
      >> :setglobal bomb
      >>
      >> to your vimrc.
      >
      > Thanks, it seems that BOM is not written by default and can be set only
      > globally for all unicode encoding.
      >
      > But the problem is: my gcc 4.0 will complain about BOM for utf-8 source
      > file, while ucs-2le must have a BOM so that vim can recognize it without
      > adding the ucs-2le in fencs (ucs-2le should never be added into fencs
      > though, since most characters in cpxxx are valid and it is likely to mess
      > things up).
      >
      > Is there anyway to do BOM setting only for particular unicode encoding like
      > the following?
      > when write utf-8 files, do not write the BOM.
      > when write ucs-2 files, write the BOM. (it should happen even if the file
      > opend as utf-8 then :set fenc=ucs-2le and then :write)
      >
      > --
      > Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606

      autocmd BufWritePre * if &fenc ==? 'utf-8' || &fenc ==? 'utf8' |
      \ setlocal nobomb |
      \ elseif &fenc =~? '^u' | setlocal bomb | endif

      ... will clear 'bomb' just before writing UTF-8 files and set it just before
      writing other Unicode files (UCS-2, UCS-4 or UTF-16, UTF-32, of any
      endianness; I'm not speaking here of the latest PRC encoding, GB18030 I think
      it is called, which is, strictly speaking, also a Unicode encoding).

      A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small package.