Re: vim apparently ignoring -c nomodeline cmdline option

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Gary Johnson wrote:
      > On 2007-06-05, Rodolfo Borges <rodolfo.borges@...> wrote:
      >> When opening a file that ends with
      >> # vim:fdm=marker:
      >> vim keeps doing the folding, even if I call it with -c nomodeline (I
      >> also tried -c modelines=0).
      >>
      >> Is it vim fault's, or (more likely) mine?
      >
      > Note that ":help -c" says:
      >
      > -c {command} {command} will be executed after the first file
      > has been read (and after autocommands and
      > modelines for that file have been processed).
      >
      > Try using "--cmd" instead of "-c". See
      >
      > :help --cmd
      >
      > Regards,
      > Gary

      Also, :nomodeline is not a valid Vim command. Use

      vim --cmd "set nomodeline"

      instead.

      "You are old, father William," the young man said,
      "And your hair has become very white;
      And yet you incessantly stand on your head --
      Do you think, at your age, it is right?"

      "In my youth," father William replied to his son,
      "I feared it might injure the brain;
      But, now that I'm perfectly sure I have none,
      Why, I do it again and again."
      -- Lewis Carrol