Re: Remove the backup function ?

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007
      Hi,

      On 6/2/07, Tintin72 <lucas.sanner@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm using Vim 7 (under Win XP) and I'd like to remove the backup function.

      By default, Vim doesn't create backup files. In your setup backup is enabled,
      because you may be using the vimrc_example file or a system-wide vimrc file
      that sets the backup option.

      > I added these 2 lines in the _vimrc file (wich is in c:\Program Files\Vim):
      > set nobackup
      > set nowritebackup

      Use the following commands to make sure they are not set by some other
      plugin or initialization file:

      :verbose set backup?
      :verbose set writebackup?

      - Yegappan