Remove the backup function ?

  • Tintin72
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007

      I'm using Vim 7 (under Win XP) and I'd like to remove the backup function.
      I added these 2 lines in the _vimrc file (wich is in c:\Program Files\Vim):
      set nobackup
      set nowritebackup

      but it doesn't work.
      Vim alway creating a backup file~ each time I save a file.
      What should I do exactely ?
      Is there a command to invok in Vim ?

      Thanks
    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2007

        On 6/2/07, Tintin72 <lucas.sanner@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm using Vim 7 (under Win XP) and I'd like to remove the backup function.

        By default, Vim doesn't create backup files. In your setup backup is enabled,
        because you may be using the vimrc_example file or a system-wide vimrc file
        that sets the backup option.

        > I added these 2 lines in the _vimrc file (wich is in c:\Program Files\Vim):
        > set nobackup
        > set nowritebackup

        Use the following commands to make sure they are not set by some other
        plugin or initialization file:

        :verbose set backup?
        :verbose set writebackup?

        - Yegappan