Re: :scriptfiles

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      Tushar Desai wrote:
      > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
      > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
      > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
      > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
      > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
      >
      > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
      > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
      > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
      > why my plugins are not working.)
      >
      > thanks,
      > -tushar.

      ":scriptfile" is indeed not an editor command. You may have misremembered the
      name of the "scriptnames" command.

      :scr<Ctrl-D>

      or, with 'wildmode' on,

      :scr<Tab>

      would have shown you ":scriptnames" and ":scriptencoding".

      Error:015 - Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        On 6/1/07, Tushar Desai <tsdesai@...> wrote:
        > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
        > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
        > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
        > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
        > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
        >
        > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
        > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
        > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
        > why my plugins are not working.)

        It's :scriptnames, not :scriptfiles

        Yakov
      • A.J.Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          Tushar Desai wrote:
          > sorry ... my bad. it is scriptnames and not scriptfiles.
          >
          > but, my plugins still won't work. :-(
          >
          > regards,
          > -tushar.

          If nothing else avails, you may try executing Vim step-by-step, see ":help
          debug-scripts".

          The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday
          they might force their beliefs on us.
          -- Mario Cuomo