Re: :scriptfiles

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      On 2007-06-01, Tushar Desai <tsdesai@...> wrote:
      > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
      > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
      > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
      > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
      > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
      >
      > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
      > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
      > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
      > why my plugins are not working.)

      I don't think there has ever been a ":scriptfile" command, but there
      is a ":scriptnames" command.

      HTH,
      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
      garyjohn@... | Mobile Broadband Division
      | Spokane, Washington, USA
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        Tushar Desai wrote:
        > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
        > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
        > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
        > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
        > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
        >
        > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
        > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
        > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
        > why my plugins are not working.)
        >
        > thanks,
        > -tushar.

        ":scriptfile" is indeed not an editor command. You may have misremembered the
        name of the "scriptnames" command.

        :scr<Ctrl-D>

        or, with 'wildmode' on,

        :scr<Tab>

        would have shown you ":scriptnames" and ":scriptencoding".

        Error:015 - Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
      • Yakov Lerner
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          On 6/1/07, Tushar Desai <tsdesai@...> wrote:
          > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
          > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
          > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
          > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
          > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
          >
          > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
          > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
          > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
          > why my plugins are not working.)

          It's :scriptnames, not :scriptfiles

          Yakov
        • A.J.Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
            Tushar Desai wrote:
            > sorry ... my bad. it is scriptnames and not scriptfiles.
            >
            > but, my plugins still won't work. :-(
            >
            > regards,
            > -tushar.

            If nothing else avails, you may try executing Vim step-by-step, see ":help
            debug-scripts".

            The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday
            they might force their beliefs on us.
            -- Mario Cuomo