:scriptfiles

  • Tushar Desai
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
      6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
      plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
      Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
      by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.

      Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
      command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
      Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
      why my plugins are not working.)

      thanks,
      -tushar.
    • Gary Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        On 2007-06-01, Tushar Desai <tsdesai@...> wrote:
        > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
        > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
        > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
        > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
        > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
        >
        > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
        > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
        > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
        > why my plugins are not working.)

        I don't think there has ever been a ":scriptfile" command, but there
        is a ":scriptnames" command.

        HTH,
        Gary

        --
        Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
        garyjohn@... | Mobile Broadband Division
        | Spokane, Washington, USA
      • A.J.Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          Tushar Desai wrote:
          > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
          > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
          > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
          > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
          > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
          >
          > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
          > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
          > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
          > why my plugins are not working.)
          >
          > thanks,
          > -tushar.

          ":scriptfile" is indeed not an editor command. You may have misremembered the
          name of the "scriptnames" command.

          :scr<Ctrl-D>

          or, with 'wildmode' on,

          :scr<Tab>

          would have shown you ":scriptnames" and ":scriptencoding".

          Error:015 - Unable to exit Windows. Try the door.
        • Yakov Lerner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
            On 6/1/07, Tushar Desai <tsdesai@...> wrote:
            > I was previously able to do ":scriptfile" for vim 7.1 (on Fedora Core
            > 6), when I was debugging why my plugins won't work. Then to check if
            > plugins would work in vim 7.0, I did a "make install" from vim 7.0.
            > Since they didn't seem to work in vim 7.0, I reverted back to vim 7.1,
            > by doing a make install from vim 7.1 directory.
            >
            > Now, if I type ":scriptfile", vim complains that it is not an editor
            > command. (I'm seeing the same issue on Ubuntu Feisty with vim 7.1.)
            > Any ideas why it would stop working? (Probably that will also explain
            > why my plugins are not working.)

            It's :scriptnames, not :scriptfiles

            Yakov
          • A.J.Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
              Tushar Desai wrote:
              > sorry ... my bad. it is scriptnames and not scriptfiles.
              >
              > but, my plugins still won't work. :-(
              >
              > regards,
              > -tushar.

              If nothing else avails, you may try executing Vim step-by-step, see ":help
              debug-scripts".

              The price of seeking to force our beliefs on others is that someday
              they might force their beliefs on us.
              -- Mario Cuomo