Syntax highlighting, TOhtml and diff

  • Lorenzo E. Danielsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      I am looking for a small extension to :TOhtml and I wonder if it can be
      done already, extists as a plug-in or if this is an itch I will have to
      scratch.

      This is what I want: I have a file, let's say myapp.c, which should be
      converted to (X)HTML with syntax highlighting intact. So far so good, it
      can be done already, *but* I would like to first run a diff against
      another file (maybe myapp.c.old) and get lines that have been added or
      modified to have a slightly different background color (light grey, if I
      use a white background for instance). It would be an added bonus if I
      could run a diff against some command output (hg diff, in my case).

      I've searched a bit both on vim.org and via Google but so far not been
      able to find anything (quite possibly due to the fact that I'm using
      suboptimal search terms). I don't think I'm the only person in the world
      who wants to be able to do this, and I'm hoping somebody on the list can
      point me in the right direction.