Re: mbox format archive?

  • Troy Piggins
    Message 1 of 15 , May 29, 2007
      * A.J.Mechelynck is quoted & my replies are inline below :
      > Ali Polatel wrote:
      > >A.J.Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> yazmış:
      > >> I've been archiving the vim, vim-dev and vim-multibyte lists locally,
      > >> ever since I switched over to Linux. The file is 19 meg by now. Shall I
      > >> send it to you as attachment by private email?
      > >>
      > > Hi,
      > > I was reading the vim mailing list today and saw this post :) I would
      > >be very happy if you can send me the archives of vim and vim-dev when
      > >you have time..
      > > thanks!
      >
      > Hmm... This post of mine seems to be eliciting two kinds of reactions: "Me
      > too, me too" and "Don't, you fool, he may be a spammer harvesting
      > addresses".
      >
      > I think I'll leave it on the backburner for a while, waiting for the
      > situation to clarify. Comments, anyone?

      Regarding people's concerns about email addresses being visible - they do
      realise that every post made to the vim mailing list is available on
      mail-to-news gateways like gmane, don't they? Poster's email address are not
      munged and available on USENET even though posted on a mailing list.

      --
      Troy Piggins | http://piggo.com/~troy __ ___
      RLU#415538 \ \ / (_)_ __ ,-O (o- O