vim6 and 'smartcase'

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2007
      Did vim6 had 'smartcase' option ? I am sorry, I do not
      access to vim6 at the moment to check it myself.

      Thanks
      Yakov
    • Wolfgang Schmidt
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2007

        I'm just working with a Vim6.3 instance, yes, it has.

        Cheers,

        Wolfgang

        Yakov Lerner wrote:
        > Did vim6 had 'smartcase' option ? I am sorry, I do not
        > access to vim6 at the moment to check it myself.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Yakov
      • A.J.Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2007
          Yakov Lerner wrote:
          > Did vim6 had 'smartcase' option ? I am sorry, I do not
          > access to vim6 at the moment to check it myself.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Yakov

          Neither do I, but I have access to the version4.txt to version7.txt helpfiles
          and the ":helpgrep" command ;-)

          There is one mention of 'smartcase' in version6.txt. Not as something new.

          AFAICT, this option apparently dates back to version 3 or earlier.

          Gray's Law of Programming:
          `n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same
          time as `n' tasks.

          Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
          `n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as `n' trivial tasks.