Re: undo line numbers wrong

  • Robert Cussons
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2007
      Yakov Lerner wrote:
      > On 5/2/07, Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Yakov Lerner wrote:

      >> user! But

      >> fine,

      >> GMT
      >> Secure

      >> /usr/the_local/bin/:/usr/bin/:/the/cussons/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/the/cussons/bin/clewn/:/the/cussons/LeoScript/crudeleo-1.9/

      >> > 1. Just answer 'p' to accept the certificate permanently.
      >> > 2. The check for $HOME/bin in the path is not comlpete indeed.
      >> >
      >> > a) Type 'type vim' in bash to see which vim is taken, one from
      >> > your /usr/bin or from $HOME/bin.
      >> >
      >> > b) Put $HOME/bin to the *front* of your path, before /usr/bin and
      >> before
      >> > /usr/local/bin and before all other dirs that might contain other
      >> > version of vim.
      >> >
      >> > c) Additionally, put this in your .bashrc:
      >> > alias vim=$HOME/bin/vim'
      >> >
      >> > d) I recommend that you do both (b) and (c), and then check 'type vim'
      >> > again.
      >> >

      >> > I will need to fix vim7-install.sh to fix that $HOME/bin in the end.
      >> > I need to check that $HOME/bin is before other /usr/* dirs,
      >> > not only *somewhere* in the PATH. "Somewhere" in the PATH
      >> > is not good check. In your case, script was confused by the trailing
      >> > slash in $HOME/bin/, it expects $HOME/bin. I'll fix that, too. Thanks
      >> > for reporting.
      >> >
      >> > Yakov
      >> >

      >> Thanks for the utility, had already resolved the problems with the PATH
      >> just thought I should let you know.
      >>
      >> Is the part below in the error just to do with the certificate, or
      >> something else?
      >>
      >> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/vim/vim7'
      >> svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/vim/vim7': Could not read status line: Secure
      >> connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
      >> svn returned error(s). Press Enter to continue, Ctrl-C to stop
      >>

      >> Also what does it mean by manually validating the certificate, it is not
      >> relevant to this install, but just wondering if anyone out there knows
      >> what it means?
      >>
      >> Error validating server certificate for
      >> 'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
      >> - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
      >> fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
      >> Certificate information:
      >> - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
      >> - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
      >> - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
      >> - Fingerprint:
      >> a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
      >> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
      >

      > Robert,
      > Regarding PROPFIND error. Several users reported this failure on 1st try
      > and
      > then it works on the 2nd try. This never happened to me. Probably because
      > I use relatively recent verion of svn client. I believe this is some bug in
> [...]

      I continued even with PROPFIND error, i.e. I didn't have to restart the
      programme, anyway, the svn client version is

      svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
      compiled May 13 2005, 06:29:47

      admittedly, not particularly new. In the not too distant future our
      cluster should be updated to Debian Etch which should have a new version
      of svn client in as well hopefully.

      Thanks for the help,
      Rob.