Re: undo line numbers wrong

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2007
      On 5/2/07, Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote:
> [...]
      > >>
      > >> ***********************************
      > >> ***********************************
      > >> **** Warning: directory $HOME/bin is not in you PATH!
      > >> **** You need to add directory $HOME/bin to your PATH to run new vim
      > >>

      > >> but if I do the following:
      > >> cussons@tplx36:~/bin$ echo $HOME
      > >> /the/cussons
      > >> cussons@tplx36:~/bin$ echo $PATH
      > >> /usr/the_local/bin/:/usr/bin/:/the/cussons/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/the/cussons/bin/clewn/:/the/cussons/LeoScript/crudeleo-1.9/
      > >>

      > >> you can see that $HOME/bin is in my PATH, therefore, does your error
      > >> message actually mean that as there is a version of vim in /usr/bin/
      > >> that this one will be loaded first and therefore, I should place
      > >> /the/cussons/bin/ before it in the PATH to give it preference?
      > >

      > > 1. Just answer 'p' to accept the certificate permanently.
      > > 2. The check for $HOME/bin in the path is not comlpete indeed.
      > >
      > > a) Type 'type vim' in bash to see which vim is taken, one from
      > > your /usr/bin or from $HOME/bin.
      > >
      > > b) Put $HOME/bin to the *front* of your path, before /usr/bin and before
      > > /usr/local/bin and before all other dirs that might contain other
      > > version of vim.
      > >
      > > c) Additionally, put this in your .bashrc:
      > > alias vim=$HOME/bin/vim'
      > >
      > > d) I recommend that you do both (b) and (c), and then check 'type vim'
      > > again.
      > >

      > > I will need to fix vim7-install.sh to fix that $HOME/bin in the end.
      > > I need to check that $HOME/bin is before other /usr/* dirs,
      > > not only *somewhere* in the PATH. "Somewhere" in the PATH
      > > is not good check. In your case, script was confused by the trailing
      > > slash in $HOME/bin/, it expects $HOME/bin. I'll fix that, too. Thanks
      > > for reporting.
      > >
      > > Yakov
      > >

      > Thanks for the utility, had already resolved the problems with the PATH
      > just thought I should let you know.
      >
      > Is the part below in the error just to do with the certificate, or
      > something else?
      >
      > svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/vim/vim7'
      > svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/vim/vim7': Could not read status line: Secure
      > connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
      > svn returned error(s). Press Enter to continue, Ctrl-C to stop
      >

      > Also what does it mean by manually validating the certificate, it is not
      > relevant to this install, but just wondering if anyone out there knows
      > what it means?
      >
      > Error validating server certificate for
      > 'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
      > - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
      > fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
      > Certificate information:
      > - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
      > - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
      > - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
      > - Fingerprint:
      > a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
      > (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p

      Robert,
      Regarding PROPFIND error. Several users reported this failure on 1st try and
      then it works on the 2nd try. This never happened to me. Probably because
      I use relatively recent verion of svn client. I believe this is some bug in
      older svn client. WHich OS and version of svn client is yours (svn --version).

      Regarding the certificate. Again, newer version of svn client recognizes
      Equifax as valid certification authority. OLder version of svn, apparently,
      does not.

      Yakov
    • Robert Cussons
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2007
        Yakov Lerner wrote:
> [...]
        >> - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
        >> - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
        >> - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
        >> - Fingerprint:
        >> a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
        >> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
        >

        > Robert,
        > Regarding PROPFIND error. Several users reported this failure on 1st try
        > and
        > then it works on the 2nd try. This never happened to me. Probably because
        > I use relatively recent verion of svn client. I believe this is some bug in
        > older svn client. WHich OS and version of svn client is yours (svn
        > --version).
        >
        > Regarding the certificate. Again, newer version of svn client recognizes
        > Equifax as valid certification authority. OLder version of svn, apparently,

        I continued even with PROPFIND error, i.e. I didn't have to restart the
        programme, anyway, the svn client version is

        svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
        compiled May 13 2005, 06:29:47

        admittedly, not particularly new. In the not too distant future our
        cluster should be updated to Debian Etch which should have a new version
        of svn client in as well hopefully.

        Thanks for the help,
        Rob.