code_complete plug-in help

  • madiyaan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Hello all,

      I am trying to install the code_complete plug-in written by Ming Bai. Please
      see link below:

      http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1764

      I am using gVim 7.0 on Windows XP. I copied the *.vim files in the zipped
      plug-in to my c:\Program Files\Vim\vim70\plugin directory. I also copied
      cTags into my $PATH and went to a source C file and typed in:

      :!cTags -R --c-kinds=+p --fields=+S .

      including the dot (.) at the end.

      Only problem is: the script seemingly isn't working. I think I did all the
      required steps, but when I go into a C file and type in:

      if <tab>

      it actually inserts a tab there instead of auto-putting the parenthesis and
      putting the cursor in the middle.

      Has anyone successfully installed and got this script to work with Windows
      gVim 7.0? If yes, can you please tell me what I am missing? The script looks
      *really* cool and is almost *exactly* what I want.

      I'd appreciate any inputs.