Re: undo line numbers wrong

  • Robert Cussons
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2 2:23 AM
      Yakov Lerner wrote:
> [...]
      >> Select (1) Discard local changes (2) Keep local changes [1] ?
      >> 2
      >> + cd /var/tmp/user4046/vim7_from_svn/vim7
      >> + svn up
      >> Error validating server certificate for
      >> 'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
      >> - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
      >> fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
      >> Certificate information:
      >> - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
      >> - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
      >> - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
      >> - Fingerprint:
      >> a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
      >> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
      >> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/vim/vim7'
      >> svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/vim/vim7': Could not read status line: Secure
      >> connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
      >> svn returned error(s). Press Enter to continue, Ctrl-C to stop
      >>
      >> 2) it says I should validate the certificate manually, but how do you
      >> actually go about doing that?
      >>
      >> 3) the final part of the output is as follows:
      >>
      >> make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/user4046/vim7_from_svn/vim7/src'
      >> Build and install successful
      >>
      >> ***********************************
      >> ***********************************
      >> **** Warning: directory $HOME/bin is not in you PATH!
      >> **** You need to add directory $HOME/bin to your PATH to run new vim
      >>

      >> but if I do the following:
      >> cussons@tplx36:~/bin$ echo $HOME
      >> /the/cussons
      >> cussons@tplx36:~/bin$ echo $PATH
      >> /usr/the_local/bin/:/usr/bin/:/the/cussons/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/games:/the/cussons/bin/clewn/:/the/cussons/LeoScript/crudeleo-1.9/
      >>

      >> you can see that $HOME/bin is in my PATH, therefore, does your error
      >> message actually mean that as there is a version of vim in /usr/bin/
      >> that this one will be loaded first and therefore, I should place
      >> /the/cussons/bin/ before it in the PATH to give it preference?
      >

      > 1. Just answer 'p' to accept the certificate permanently.
      > 2. The check for $HOME/bin in the path is not comlpete indeed.
      >
      > a) Type 'type vim' in bash to see which vim is taken, one from
      > your /usr/bin or from $HOME/bin.
      >
      > b) Put $HOME/bin to the *front* of your path, before /usr/bin and before
      > /usr/local/bin and before all other dirs that might contain other
      > version of vim.
      >
      > c) Additionally, put this in your .bashrc:
      > alias vim=$HOME/bin/vim'
      >
      > d) I recommend that you do both (b) and (c), and then check 'type vim'
      > again.
      >

      > I will need to fix vim7-install.sh to fix that $HOME/bin in the end.
      > I need to check that $HOME/bin is before other /usr/* dirs,
      > not only *somewhere* in the PATH. "Somewhere" in the PATH
      > is not good check. In your case, script was confused by the trailing
      > slash in $HOME/bin/, it expects $HOME/bin. I'll fix that, too. Thanks

      Thanks for the utility, had already resolved the problems with the PATH
      just thought I should let you know.

      Is the part below in the error just to do with the certificate, or
      something else?

      svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/vim/vim7'
      svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/vim/vim7': Could not read status line: Secure
      connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
      svn returned error(s). Press Enter to continue, Ctrl-C to stop

      Also what does it mean by manually validating the certificate, it is not
      relevant to this install, but just wondering if anyone out there knows
      what it means?

      Error validating server certificate for
      'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
      - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
      fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
      Certificate information:
      - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
      - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
      - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
      - Fingerprint:
      a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
      (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p

      Thanks again,
      Rob.
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 12 , May 2 11:34 PM
> [...]
        > connection truncated (https://svn.sourceforge.net)
        > svn returned error(s). Press Enter to continue, Ctrl-C to stop
        >

        > Also what does it mean by manually validating the certificate, it is not
        > relevant to this install, but just wondering if anyone out there knows
        > what it means?
        >
        > Error validating server certificate for
        > 'https://svn.sourceforge.net:443':
        > - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
        > fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
        > Certificate information:
        > - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
        > - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
        > - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
        > - Fingerprint:
        > a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
        > (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p

        Robert,
        Regarding PROPFIND error. Several users reported this failure on 1st try and
        then it works on the 2nd try. This never happened to me. Probably because
        I use relatively recent verion of svn client. I believe this is some bug in
        older svn client. WHich OS and version of svn client is yours (svn --version).

        Regarding the certificate. Again, newer version of svn client recognizes
        Equifax as valid certification authority. OLder version of svn, apparently,
        does not.

        Yakov
      • Robert Cussons
        Message 3 of 12 , May 3 5:40 AM
          Yakov Lerner wrote:
> [...]
          >> - Hostname: *.sourceforge.net
          >> - Valid: from Jan 17 18:17:01 2007 GMT until Mar 18 18:17:01 2008 GMT
          >> - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
          >> - Fingerprint:
          >> a1:3a:51:83:60:5e:81:07:be:6c:06:d1:db:34:9b:d8:b9:40:b5:d0
          >> (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
          >

          > Robert,
          > Regarding PROPFIND error. Several users reported this failure on 1st try
          > and
          > then it works on the 2nd try. This never happened to me. Probably because
          > I use relatively recent verion of svn client. I believe this is some bug in
          > older svn client. WHich OS and version of svn client is yours (svn
          > --version).
          >
          > Regarding the certificate. Again, newer version of svn client recognizes
          > Equifax as valid certification authority. OLder version of svn, apparently,

          I continued even with PROPFIND error, i.e. I didn't have to restart the
          programme, anyway, the svn client version is

          svn, version 1.1.4 (r13838)
          compiled May 13 2005, 06:29:47

          admittedly, not particularly new. In the not too distant future our
          cluster should be updated to Debian Etch which should have a new version
          of svn client in as well hopefully.

          Thanks for the help,
          Rob.