python interface vim redraw callback?

  • Joseph Xu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      Hi:

      A while ago I asked this list about a particular error I was getting
      with gvim when I was trying to asynchronously update its buffers via
      the python interface. The error was:

      (gvim:11111): GLib-WARNING **: g_main_context_prepare(): main loop
      already active in another thread
      Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x1740)!

      I got responses telling me that the python interface has some
      threading issues. Since it doesn't seem like these are going to be
      fixed any time soon, I was wondering if there was a way to work around
      it. Specifically, is there a way that I can register a callback
      function that is called during every vim redraw cycle where I can
      modify the contents of the vim buffers synchronously with the main
      loop so I won't get those nasty Xlib errors?

      Thanks.

      Joseph