Re: help needed with completion in version 7

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 30, 2007
      Andrei Voropaev wrote:
      [...]
      > > It's difficult to decide when to leave this editing mode.
      > > Also because you can make a typo, and expect Backspace to correct that.
      > > If the key exits completion mode you can't go back to what you were doing.
      >
      > It's strange that you are saying "it's difficult to decide when to leave
      > the editing mode". As soon as there are no matches after my editing, the
      > completion shall stop, just like it stops when I don't hit the BackSpace
      > key. Or do I miss something? I mean, why appending to what I've typed is
      > different from modifying it? Essentially it's just different way to
      > modify the input for the completion function. From my naive point of
      > view, the logic should be something like following.

      When you have 500 matches you can type some more characters to reduce
      the number of matches. But you may make a typo and end up with zero
      matches. Then it's nice you can press backspace and type the right
      character. Otherwise you would have to start completion again (e.g.,
      with CTRL-X CTRL-O when you were doing omni completion).

      34. You laugh at people with 14400 baud modems.