problem loading Python dll

  • Johan du Preez
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      When starting VIM I get the following: E370: Could not load library python25.dll

      I have installed Python 2.5, but vim does not appear to see it? How do
      I solve this one!.

      --
      NewBie to VIM
      Johan du Preez
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        Hi Johan,

        On 4/2/07, Johan du Preez <dupreez.johan@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > When starting VIM I get the following: E370: Could not load library python25.dll
        >
        > I have installed Python 2.5, but vim does not appear to see it? How do
        > I solve this one!.

        It should be an installation problem of Python. On my system I can
        find python24.dll in C:\WINNT\system32. Please verify it is there (or
        in C:\WINDOWS\system32), and PATH includes this directory.

        Best regards,

        Yongwei

        --
        Wu Yongwei
          On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Johan du Preez apparently wrote:
          > I have installed Python 2.5, but vim does not appear to see it? How do
          > I solve this one!.

          :h python-dynamic

          hth,
          Alan Isaac
        • A.J.Mechelynck
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2007
            Alan G Isaac wrote:
            > On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Johan du Preez apparently wrote:
            >> I have installed Python 2.5, but vim does not appear to see it? How do
            >> I solve this one!.
            >
            > :h python-dynamic
            >
            > hth,
            > Alan Isaac

            Rather than edit the executable as that help item suggests, you can look at
            the "Compilation" line in the output of ":version"; but in the OP's case
            (where Vim shouts for python25.dll) that oughtn't to be necessary.

            Love's Drug

            My love is like an iron wand
            That conks me on the head,
            My love is like the valium