RE: Reannouncing vimplugin: A vim plugin for Eclipse

  • Sebastian Menge
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
      Am Samstag, den 31.03.2007, 20:41 -0400 schrieb David Fishburn:
      > > for the UI-integration (simple textbased vim inside eclipse)
      > > you need cygwin.
      >
      > Is there separate instructions for how to setup the integrated one?

      >From the vimplugin-devel list.

      > I have set up an eclipse update site under
      >
      > http://vimplugin.sf.net/update
      >
      > In your eclipse use
      > 1) "help|updates|find and install"
      > 2) "search for new features"
      > 3) "new remote site" with the URL given above
      > 4) finish. A dialog should popup presenting you the plugin to install.
      > 5) restart eclipse.
      >
      > The plugin runs equally well under windows with the vim version of
      > cygwin. If you are under windows, the plugin tries to use
      > "c:/cygwin/bin/vim.exe", but you can specify another path in the
      > preference page of the plugin.

      To subscribe to that list go to:

      Your experience reports are greatly appreciated...

      Thanks, Sebastian.
    • Silent1
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2007
        Just a quick question about the overal goal of the project. Would vim
        just become an editor inside eclipse? Or would we be able to still use
        vim inside eclipse but still use code completion say from plugins like
        zends php project for eclipse or phpeclipse or any of the languagle
        specific plugins? Thanks
        --Brendon