bracket completion

  • Greg Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 31, 2007
      Anyone know of a way to achieve bracket completion? For example if your
      typing a if statement, if (something) { once you type the first bracket
      the 2nd one is inserted below for you. Scribes and a few other editors
      have this functionality and was hoping to achieve it with Vim. Another
      thing that this does, if you were to type $data[' for example. The 2nd '
      would be inserted for you after your cursor. Just seems to save time
      when I played with scribes a few days ago. I was looking through the
      help, scripts and mailing list archives for something like this but have
      not hit any matches. Just wondering if people have ideas on how this
      could be done or maybe know of an existing way. Thanks in advance.

      --Greg
    • Winfred Lu
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 4, 2007
        2007/4/3, Charles E Campbell Jr <drchip@...>: