Showfulltag example?

  • Chinh Nguyen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2007
      Hi,

      I am using insert completion with tags (for C functions) as per the help:

      "CTRL-X CTRL-] Search for the first tag that starts with the same
      characters as before the cursor. ... The
      'showfulltag' option can be used to add context from around the tag
      definition."

      'showfulltag' 'sft' boolean (default off)
      global
      {not in Vi}
      When completing a word in insert mode (see |ins-completion|) from the
      tags file, show both the tag name and a tidied-up form of the search
      pattern (if there is one) as possible matches. Thus, if you have matched
      a C function, you can see a template for what arguments are required
      (coding style permitting).

      Reading the 'showfulltag' description, I assume that I can see a list of
      arguments? Is this correct because I cannot get it to work.

      I have used ctags-exuberant to generate tags with function signature.
      For example,

      getVersion src/api/src/version.c /^getVersion($/;" f signature:(
      uint32 *major, uint32 *minor, uint32 *build )

      Regards,

      Chinh

      --
      http://www.certicom.com