question about omni-complete

  • shawn bright
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 9:40 PM
      lo there,
      i just discovered omni-complete . i am starting to use vim for some
      python and ruby scripting for work. i found omni-complete. I can type
      time.ctrl-x ctrl-o and a list of funtions pop up for me to choose.
      but....
      how do i navigate the list without using arrow keys ? it is getting
      kinda natrual to use jk to move up and down ( i find myself typing j
      and k into other text editors)

      what keys do i use to navigate and select the function from the list ?

      thanks
      sk
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23 2:23 AM
        shawn bright wrote:
        > lo there,
        > i just discovered omni-complete . i am starting to use vim for some
        > python and ruby scripting for work. i found omni-complete. I can type
        > time.ctrl-x ctrl-o and a list of funtions pop up for me to choose.
        > but....
        > how do i navigate the list without using arrow keys ? it is getting
        > kinda natrual to use jk to move up and down ( i find myself typing j
        > and k into other text editors)
        >
        > what keys do i use to navigate and select the function from the list ?
        >
        > thanks
        > sk

        Try Ctrl-N (next) and Ctrl-P (previous), as mentioned under ":help
        i_CTRL-X_CTRL-O". The same keys are used for other kinds of Insert-mode
        completion.

        IIUC, when you're at the first match, Ctrl-P goes back to what you typed
        without removing the menu: thus, you can type in more characters of context
        and the menu will change accordingly.

        If Jesus Christ were to come today, people would not even crucify him.
        They would ask him to dinner, and hear what he had to say, and make fun
        of it.
        -- Thomas Carlyle