Re: ActionScript (for Flash) files: non-english chars broken

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      Alexander Farber wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > is anybody using the Vim editor on Windows for editing
      > ActionsScript files?
      >
      > My problem is that the cyrillic letters which are being displayed
      > ok by Macromedia/Adobe Flash IDE appear broken in Vim 7.0.
      >
      > The russian text is displayed broken and twice as long as it
      > should be and there are repeatable "P" and "C" characters -
      > which is what I often see in other programs, which mistake
      > Unicode text by the Windows-1251 text.
      >
      > Has anybody found a solution there?
      >
      > Regards
      > Alex

      see ":help ++opt"

      Try ":e ++enc=utf-8 filename" and ":e ++enc=cp1251 filename", and see what
      happens. Oh, and maybe koi8-r too, if the actual encoding of the file isn't known.

      Bypasses are devices that allow some people to dash from point A to
      point B very fast while other people dash from point B to point A very
      fast. People living at point C, being a point directly in between, are
      often given to wonder what's so great about point A that so many people
      from point B are so keen to get there and what's so great about point B
      that so many people from point A are so keen to get _there_. They often
      wish that people would just once and for all work out where the hell
      they wanted to be.