Re: vim with shell

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2007
      On 2007-02-24, Subramanian Ramaswamy <ramaswamy@...> wrote:

      > (2) My terminal is in vi mode, since that makes me the most productive
      > i.e. I have set set -o vi in my .bashrc.
      > How can one enable this mode within vim's ":" or shell "!" commands -
      > this will be very useful, if I can navigate that with vi commands...

      If I understand your question correctly, you can't do that while
      editing the command line itself, but you can use vi commands to edit
      the command line in the command window. See

      :help cmdwin

      I also have this in my ~/.vimrc so that typing <Esc> on the vim
      command line behaves similarly to typing <Esc> on the shell command
      line.

      set cedit=<Esc>

      HTH,
      Gary