Gvim.app as Xcode's external editor

  • Simon McCorkindale
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2007
      Hi,

      I'm running Mac OS X 10.4, Vim 7.0 plus the gvim.app (basically a shell
      script wrapped up as an OS X application) utility that allows you to
      open several Vim windows at once without starting an entirely new Vim
      session (re: http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php). I'm trying to get Xcode's
      external text editor setup to run gvim.app when I double click to open
      source files from within Xcode. gvim.app loads Vim correctly but it does
      not open my files. If I set the external editor to /Applications/Vim.app
      however, the file is open correctly, however if I open another file
      then it's loaded into that Vim window's buffer. I want another window to
      be opened automatically.

      Thanks,
      Simon.