formatting the number column

  • Robert Hicks
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
      When I do "set number" I get the numbering in the left column (good). Is
      there a way I can change the look of the number? I would like the
      numbers to look like:

      1:
      2:
      3:
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
        On 2/26/07, Robert Hicks <sigzero@...> wrote:
        > When I do "set number" I get the numbering in the left column (good). Is
        > there a way I can change the look of the number? I would like the
        > numbers to look like:
        >
        > 1:
        > 2:
        > 3:

        No, you cannot add colon. You can change the color and width, though.

        Yakov
      • Tim Chase
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
          >> When I do "set number" I get the numbering in the left column (good). Is
          >> there a way I can change the look of the number? I would like the
          >> numbers to look like:
          >>
          >> 1:
          >> 2:
          >> 3:
          >
          > No, you cannot add colon. You can change the color and width, though.

          How 'bout

          :%s/^/:

          (grins, ducks, and runs)

          -tim
        • Yakov Lerner
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 26, 2007
            On 2/26/07, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
            > >> When I do "set number" I get the numbering in the left column (good). Is
            > >> there a way I can change the look of the number? I would like the
            > >> numbers to look like:
            > >>
            > >> 1:
            > >> 2:
            > >> 3:
            > >
            > > No, you cannot add colon. You can change the color and width, though.
            >
            > How 'bout
            >
            > :%s/^/:
            >
            > (grins, ducks, and runs)

            There is something called "signs", ahere you can add artificial marks
            on the left side of lines of text.
            But iirc, it's on the left side of the numbering, *not*
            between numbers and the text.

            Yakov