comment formatting

  • Andrea Ratto
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Id like to format comments in this way, and I can't get it.

      /**
      <tab>comment text
      <tab>Blah
      */

      Thanks for the help.
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        Andrea Ratto wrote:
        > Hi,
        > Id like to format comments in this way, and I can't get it.
        >
        > /**
        > <tab>comment text
        > <tab>Blah
        > */
        >
        > Thanks for the help.

        Disclaimer: the following are not tested
        What about
        (Trial 1)
        :set comments=s:/**,m:\t,ex:*/
        (Trial 2)
        :exe 'set comments=s:/**,m:\' . "\t" . ',ex:*/'
        (Trial 3)
        :let &comments="s:**,m:\t,ex:*/"
        (Trial 4)
        :set noet ts=8 comments=s8:/**,ex:*/
        (Try more variations if none of the above work OK)?

        In all cases, close the comment by typing only a slash after the tab has been
        autoinserted: this ought to delete the tab and insert */ in its stead.

        Note: since whitespace characters are used as separators between options in a
        ":set" command, they must be backslash-escaped when they are part of the value
        (similarly bar, double-quote and backslash).