Re: Writeup on mkdownload, getunix.aap and getdos.aap

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2007
      Suresh Govindachar wrote:

      > Is there a write-up describing what :mkdownload does and
      > describing the sturcture of the following files?
      >
      > ftp.nluug.nl/vol/1/vim/runtime/getunix.aap
      > ftp.nluug.nl/vol/1/vim/runtime/getdos.aap
      >
      > I suspect that knowing the answer will enable me to write
      > a perl script to update $VIMRUNTIME.

      Why would you want to use a Perl script? The Aap command is just fine
      for this. The ":mkdownload" command is also part of Aap:

      http://www.a-a-p.org/exec/ref-commands.html#cmd-mkdownload

      If you don't want to use Aap then rsync is probably the best choice.

      61. Your best friends know your e-mail address, but neither your phone number
      nor the address where you live.