additional spaces with C_V

  • Meino Christian Cramer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007

      Suppose I have this text loaded into vim (":set list")

      09wqeuwueo$
      aaai$
      kjdhfks$
      jhd$
      kdj$
      asldo0$
      skaj$

      Now I put my cursor in the first line onto the last charcter, press
      "a <space> <esc>" to insert some space and then start visual mode
      with C-V and move the cursor directly down to the last line, press "I
      <space> <esc>" and got a space inserted into the first line. Nothing
      else is changed

      Since the marked bar in visual mode has had no problems to reach the
      last line without stumbling accross the missing spaces, I would
      exspect to get something like this

      09wqeuwueo $
      aaai $
      kjdhfks $
      jhd $
      kdj $
      asldo0 $
      skaj $

      . On the other hand, vim would exspect, that her/his user would
      understand, what s/he is doing.... ;)

      Is there a way to accomplish this? May be be tweaking some options?
      I did a "set virualedit=block" in my .vimrc, but this doesn't help.

      Thank you very much for any "i help <esc>" in advance ! :))))

      Keep editing!
      mcc