RE: gvim window maximize in freebsd6

  • Vu The Cuong
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 7, 2007
      thanks for quick response :D

      -----Original Message-----
      From: A.J.Mechelynck [mailto:antoine.mechelynck@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 08, 2007 7:33 AM
      To: vuthecuong
      Cc: vim@...
      Subject: Re: gvim window maximize in freebsd6

      vuthecuong wrote:
      > In windows, this command " au GUIEnter * simalt ~x " will make gvim
      > window to become maximize.
      > How about in freebsd? When I used above command in freebsd, it cannot
      > maximize Thanks in advanced

      ":simalt ~x" simulates "Alt-Space x", invoking that menu, if there is
      any. It is not cross-language, and, as you saw, not always
      cross-platform.

      The command

      if has("gui_running")
      set lines=9999 columns=9999
      endif

      will enlarge the GUI screen to within one character cell of the OS
      viewport.

      Ordering of statements may be important:
      1) set 'guifont' (which changes the character cell's pixel size)
      2) set 'lines' and 'columns'
      3) set '(no)equalalways', 'winheight', 'winminheight' etc. (which depend
      on the Vim screen size).