Re: .vimrc from URL

  • Maurí­cio
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2007
      >> I change my .vimrc very often, and I use vim in
      >> many computers. The result is that my changes
      >> are not always updated to all computers. Is it
      >> possible to ask vim to update its .vimrc from
      >> an URL, like an FTP address?

      > The vimrc is sourced before the global plugins,
      > in particular before the netrw plugin. So I
      > think the short answer is no. What you could do
      > (maybe) is setup a shell script (aka "Batch
      > file" on Dos/Windows) to synchronize your vimrc
      > from the master online version just before
      > starting Vim. (...)

      I don't need vim to read .vimrc from URL at
      startup. I can just map a key, like F12, to try to
      download that file and update the one at my home
      dir. Then I can just press F12 and restart vim
      when I want a configuration update.

      However, writing an external script to do that for
      me can be easier, since I know nothing about vim
      scripting...

      Thanks,
      Maurício