RE: Enclosing current line in HTML tags

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006
      > What's the quickest way to enclose the current line the
      > cursor is on in, say, <li></li> tags?

      Wow, 2 emails in the same day.

      I created a tip for this:
      Tip #346: Wrap text in HTML/XML tags after prompting for the tag name
      http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=346

      With some refinements at the bottom (plus a pile of SPAM!!).

      What I did was if the visually selected text spanned more than 1 line I
      added:

      <something>
      Akj lkjaf kjdsflj fjalf js
      Akj lkjaf kjdsflj fjalf js
      </something>

      But if the visually selected text is < 1 line then I do:
      Akj lkjaf <something>kjdsflj</something> fjalf js

      HTH,
      Dave
    • Alan G Isaac
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Robert MannI apparently wrote:
        > What's the quickest way to enclose the current line the
        > cursor is on in, say, <li></li> tags?

        Here's one approach:
        http://www.american.edu/econ/notes/html_xhb.vim

        hth,