Re: Calendar ?

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 29, 2006
      Bill McCarthy wrote:
      > On Wed 29-Nov-06 3:19pm -0600, you wrote:
      >
      >> Bill McCarthy wrote:

      >>> You can have a local status line for those windows. Perhaps
      >>> something like:
      >>>
      >>> au BufWinEnter __Calendar,*[0-9].cal setl stl=%t
      >
      >> That won't work if the OP wants to set the st.l. for Calendar differently than
      >> from other (split) windows. A construct like
      >
      > I'm not seeing that, Tony. Starting Gvim with my normal
      > stl, if I open a calendar window it has the special stl.
      > Even if I do a ":sp foo" from the calendar window, the
      > window for "foo" has the normal stl.
      >
      > Clicking on a calendar date with a diary entry brings up a
      > diary window with the special stl. Doing a ":sp bar" from
      > that window (or any other window) gives me the normal stl in
      > the "bar" window.

      So BufWinEnter is fired before evaluating the status line? Makes sense if only
      the current status line is ever evaluated. I already knew the status line was
      evaluated in the context of its own window but I thought all status lines
      would be recomputed every X milliseconds. I guess this would be overkill after
      all. Thanks for the insight.

      I still wonder whether BufWinEnter is called before redisplaying the status
      line of a non-current window which has just been scrolled or resized with the
      mouse so that the "All" "Top" "nn%" "Bot" flag has changed. Or what happens
      when a "custom" status line contains %{} expressions which may depend on
      global variables changed by actions in a different window.