RE: Uppercase keywords

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006

      Right you are Tony, that is exactly how I wrote it.

      SrchRplcHiGrp.vim - Search and Replace based on a highlight group
      http://www.vim.org/script.php?script_id=848

      Basic usage:
      Place your cursor on the highlighted text.
      :SRChooseHiGrp
      It tells you what it found:
      SRHiGrp - Group ID: 268 Name: vimLet

      Or:
      :SRChooseHiGrp!
      SRHiGrp - Group ID: 49 Name: Statement

      Add the ! if you want the base color.

      Then you can visually select the region you want, the plugin supports all 3
      visual modes (characterwise, linewise and blockwise).

      Then run:
      :'<,'>SRHiGrp

      It asks you for 2 pieces of information:
      1. What to match (via a regex) default is current word - '\(\w\+\>\)'
      2. What to do with the match. The default is to UPPERCASE the match -
      '\U\1'

      You can also use this plugin to just search for highlight groups using the
      SRSeach command.

      :h SRHiGrp

      Enjoy, and please rate it if you find it helpful.
      Feedback is always welcome.

      Dave