change right arrow behaviour in normal mode

  • Kamaraju Kusumanchi
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Say I have a file with two lines

      line abcd
      line efgh

      Normally when I press right arrow (or k), the cursor moves one character
      right! However if my cursor is at the end of line 1 (i.e. on 'd'). Then if I
      press right arrow (or k for that matter) vim just beeps. However I would like
      it to go the start of next line.

      This behaviour would be somewhat similar to 'set backspace=2'. But here the
      relavant key is right arrow instead of backspace.

      Any ideas?

      thanks
      raju
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        On 10/1/06, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kamaraju@...> wrote:
        > Say I have a file with two lines
        >
        > line abcd
        > line efgh
        >
        > Normally when I press right arrow (or k), the cursor moves one character
        > right! However if my cursor is at the end of line 1 (i.e. on 'd'). Then if I
        > press right arrow (or k for that matter) vim just beeps. However I would like
        > it to go the start of next line.

        See :help 'whichwrap'
        I have this in my .vimrc:

        :set whichwrap=<,>,[,]

        Yakov
      • Kamaraju Kusumanchi
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
          On Sunday 01 October 2006 12:31, Yakov Lerner wrote:

          > See :help 'whichwrap'
          >
          > I have this in my .vimrc:
          > :set whichwrap=<,>,[,]

          Perfect! Exactly what I was searching for! Thanks.

          raju