Re: Autmagically adding new lines when text gets too long

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29 2:46 PM
      Jeremy Conlin wrote:
      > I have set textwidth=80 and would like Vim to automatically break a
      > line (between words) when the line gets too big. However, this isn't
      > working, Vim doesn't seem to be doing anything different. Is there
      > some other option I need to set?
      > Thanks,
      > Jeremy

      With 'textwidth' set to 80, Vim should insert a hard line break after the
      rightmost space as you type the 81st character on a line.

      You can also use variants of the gq commands: gqq to reformat a line,
      <Visual>gq to reformat the Visual area, gqap to regormat a paragraph, gggqG to
      reformat the whole file.