Re: Perl::Tags (Was: perlcomplete.vim -- anyone working on this?

  • Dr Bean
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 28, 2006
      On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Kevin Old wrote:

      > I've installed Perl::Tags from cpan and setup ftplugin/perl.vim like
      > the docs. I loaded a perl script to see how Perl::Tags worked and
      > nothing happened. I verified it was being loaded by :scriptnames and
      > it was. I started writing some perl code and nothing happened.

      > How do I execute the tags? There's no docs on "How to use it".

      I put some autocommands in, so it updates /tmp/tags_$$ when you
      write or read in a new file.

      augroup perltags
      au!

      autocmd BufRead,BufWritePost *.pm,*.pl call s:do_tags(expand('%'))
      " autocmd BufUnload *.pm,*.pl call s:remove_tags(getcwd() . '/' . +bufname(expand('<abuf>') + 0))

      augroup END

      I don't know if that does what you want. I seem to have done
      something else which broke Perl::Tags.

      But I note that is already in the email which you are rplying to.

      --
      Dr Bean Whereof we cannot speak, we must remain silent.
      --Ludwig Wittgenstein