Re: Problem with 'lisp' and commented sexps

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2006
      Yang wrote:

      > There seems to be an 'undocumented feature' when editing Lisp files
      > with the 'lisp' option set. I can no longer % between matching
      > s-expressions []{}() if they are in comments and on newlines, e.g. in:
      >
      > ;; myfold {{{
      > (blah blah)
      > ;; }}}
      >
      > ;; (blah
      > ;; blah)
      >
      > I can't jump between the {} or the second (). Is this a bug?

      Its definitely controlled by the lisp option: (I put your example
      into yank.lsp)

      vim -u NONE -N yang.lsp
      (% key works on all {} and ())
      :syn on
      (% key works on all {} and ())
      :set lisp
      (problems you mentioned appear)

      Because of the -u NONE, the matchit plugin doesn't enter into this.
      The syntax file has no explicit interaction with matchit or %, so it
      appears to be an undocumented vim feature.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell