Re: PHP omni-completion, PHP objects

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2006
      Had to got message from Yahoo Groups, original post was lost somewhere:

      > with vim7's omni-completion how do you call/get functions/variables
      > relating to a specific class?
      >
      > $object = new HTML_QuickForm();
      > $object->
      >
      > And then after you type -> how do i call for completions only relating
      > to the HTML_QuickForm class? I've tried the patch for ctags for PHP5
      > but my results are the same, are there specific parameters to build
      > the tags file for vim so i can call for suggestions relating to a
      > specific class/object? I've been going into my pear/lib dir and
      > typing:
      > ctags -R
      > I've also tried
      > ctags -R --fields=+S
      > But every time after i type -> i will always just get everything in
      > the tags file including new class names. Is there a specific key combo
      > i must press to get suggestions relating to the class/object?

      This one was solved on priv. Implemented new feature, with positive
      feedback new version will be sent to Bram to place on ftp.

      > Also how can i build a tags file where functions will have parameters
      > in the preview window? It already does this for php functions but for
      > some reason pear libs and my code will always just be
      > function_name()
      > instead of
      > function_name($param1,$param2,$etc)

      Ctags for PHP is very simple and line based. If in PEAR functions are
      defined in one line::

      function fname($param2, $param1)

      It should be extracted by ctags, will be shown in tags file and
      omnicompletion plugin should show it in preview window.

      Check if generated tags file has similar line::

      write_cache cache.php /^ function write_cache(&$var, $filename) {$/;" f

      If answer is positive there is probably something wrong with plugin, if
      negative check PEAR code or play with ctags options.

      m.