Re: unmatched strings

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?

      What is an "unmatched string"?

      -tim
    • Robert Hicks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        Robert Hicks wrote:
        > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
        >
        > Robert

        By unmatched I mean:

        "This is a string

        This is a string"
      • Peter Hodge
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          --- Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:

          > > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
          >
          > What is an "unmatched string"?

          Here's two matches which will find a string that extends to the end of the
          line:

          syntax match Error /"\%(\\.\|[^"]\)*$/
          syntax match Error /'\%(\\.\|[^']\)*$/

          regards,
          Peter

          Take part in Total GirlÂ’s Ultimate Slumber Party and help break a world record
          http://www.totalgirl.com.au