Re: unmatched strings

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      Robert Hicks wrote:
      > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
      >
      > Robert

      Have a look at syntax/vim.vim, where an unpaired " starts a comment.

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?

        What is an "unmatched string"?

        -tim
      • Robert Hicks
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          Robert Hicks wrote:
          > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
          >
          > Robert

          By unmatched I mean:

          "This is a string

          This is a string"
        • Peter Hodge
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
            --- Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:

            > > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
            >
            > What is an "unmatched string"?

            Here's two matches which will find a string that extends to the end of the
            line:

            syntax match Error /"\%(\\.\|[^"]\)*$/
            syntax match Error /'\%(\\.\|[^']\)*$/

            regards,
            Peter

            Take part in Total GirlÂ’s Ultimate Slumber Party and help break a world record
            http://www.totalgirl.com.au