unmatched strings

  • Robert Hicks
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?

      Robert
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        Robert Hicks wrote:
        > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
        >
        > Robert

        Have a look at syntax/vim.vim, where an unpaired " starts a comment.

      • Tim Chase
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
          > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?

          What is an "unmatched string"?

          -tim
        • Robert Hicks
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
            Robert Hicks wrote:
            > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
            >
            > Robert

            By unmatched I mean:

            "This is a string

            This is a string"
          • Peter Hodge
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
              --- Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:

              > > Is there a way to highlight unmatched strings for " and ' in a syntax file?
              >
              > What is an "unmatched string"?

              Here's two matches which will find a string that extends to the end of the
              line:

              syntax match Error /"\%(\\.\|[^"]\)*$/
              syntax match Error /'\%(\\.\|[^']\)*$/

              regards,
              Peter

              Take part in Total GirlÂ’s Ultimate Slumber Party and help break a world record
              http://www.totalgirl.com.au