Re: bug with vimdiff and 'modifiable' check

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

      > I just found out that Vim checks the wrong buffer for 'modifiable' flag
      > while doing a :diffput. I have two buffers being diffed, with the left
      > one set to 'nomodifiable', and the right one set to 'modifiable', and
      > when I try to :diffput from left to right, it complains that it can't be
      > done. When I set left buffer also to 'modifiable' it went ahead with the
      > change.

      I don't see how this can happen. I suspect it's something in your
      environment or you made a mistake.

      --
      If I tell you "you have a beautiful body", would you hold it against me?

    • Hari Krishna Dara
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
        On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 at 10:18pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Hari Krishna Dara wrote:
        >
        > > I just found out that Vim checks the wrong buffer for 'modifiable' flag
        > > while doing a :diffput. I have two buffers being diffed, with the left
        > > one set to 'nomodifiable', and the right one set to 'modifiable', and
        > > when I try to :diffput from left to right, it complains that it can't be
        > > done. When I set left buffer also to 'modifiable' it went ahead with the
        > > change.
        >
        > I don't see how this can happen. I suspect it's something in your
        > environment or you made a mistake.

        I tried to reproduce again and I can't either. I apologize for the false
        report, I can't think of anything that caused it to behave differently
        at that time.

        --
        Thanks,
        Hari