Re: [VIM] Re: [VIM] Re: I have got one "ml_get" error

  • Akria Sheng
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2006
      Walter Cazzola wrote:

      > On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Akria Sheng wrote:
      >
      >> Yes, I am using latin1 encoding. The linux which I use don't install any
      >> function about chinese.
      >> So the environment is english only. But I am not sure there is other
      >> strange
      >> configuration to make this mistake. I have tried to change some options
      >> include gui-option or multibyte or fontset to complie again, but it still
      >> doesn't work. Furthermore, I have tried the same compile option with
      >> vim64
      >> used, and vim64 is OK, vim70 will crash.
      >
      > just another try nothing more: have you tried to open a different
      > directory? maybe some file has in the name characters that make vim
      > crash.
      >
      > Walter
      >
      > --
      > Walter Cazzola, PhD - Assistant Professor, DICo, University of Milano
      > E-mail cazzola@... Ph.: +39 010 353 6637 Fax: +39 010 353 6699
      > · · · --------------------------- · · · --------------------------- · · ·
      > ... recursive: adjective, see recursive ...
      > · · · --------------------------- · · · --------------------------- · · ·

      I have generated one new text file consist of english only at ~/, but the
      file has meet the same problem.

      Best regards,
      Akria Sheng
      Sent from the Vim - General forum at Nabble.com.
    • Akria Sheng
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 27, 2006
        Akria Sheng wrote:

        > I have got one error to crash vim.
        > It happened when meet the following condition:
        > A. must in Linux(solaris and winxp is OK)
        > B. vim7.0(6.4 is ok)
        > C. open one huge file(exceed 368710 bytes) then type ":sp ./"
        >
        > In general, it will split one window to show the filebrowse.
        > But Vim will crash.
        > I don't know how to avoid this crash.
        >
        > There are two appendixed report file:
        > http://www.nabble.com/file/971/bugreport.txt bugreport.txt
        > http://www.nabble.com/file/972/buginfo.txt buginfo.txt

        I have done the further test myself, and found some different result.
        The situation make the error is different.
        1. must in Linux(solaris and winxp is OK)
        2. vim6.4/7.0 both
        3. open one huge file(exceed 368710 bytes)
        4. :new
        5. :file test_file_name
        6. :setlocal noswf
        7. :%g/test/echo 'test'
        8. type something => crash

        I have some way to make the error disappear.
        A. Open one small file in step 3.
        B. Or exchange the order of step 5, 6.
        C. Or don't execute 'global' command to try a pattern that don't exist in
        the new buffer

        So I adjust the content of "netrw.vim", version 103i, to avoid the error.
        I move the "setlocal noswf"(line #3590) to above the line #3587.
        Then the "sp ./" is work.