ESC key is too far away. WAS:Command Line Window problem

  • Brian Dorsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      > Regarding remote nature of Esc key, I solved it for myself by
      > I using mini-keyboard, 28x10cm. I love it. Everything is nearer
      > on such keyboard, fingers need to travel less. I heard other people
      > remap Esc key to some other less distant key.

      I don't remember where I got the idea, but I've been very happy with
      mapping double commas to ESC:
      " Make double commas into Escape.
      imap ,, <esc>

      Take care,
      -Brian
    • Will Maier
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
        On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 01:03:52PM -0700, Brian Dorsey wrote:
        > On 8/2/06, Yakov Lerner <iler.ml@...> wrote:
        > >Regarding remote nature of Esc key, I solved it for myself by
        > >I using mini-keyboard, 28x10cm. I love it. Everything is nearer
        > >on such keyboard, fingers need to travel less. I heard other people
        > >remap Esc key to some other less distant key.
        >
        > I don't remember where I got the idea, but I've been very happy with
        > mapping double commas to ESC:
        > " Make double commas into Escape.
        > imap ,, <esc>

        I tend to use CTRL-C (which isn't exactly ESC but tends to function
        like it in vim) or CTRL-[ instead of ESC. No remapping needed,
        though your terminal configuration may get in the way.

        --

        [Will Maier]-----------------[willmaier@...|http://www.lfod.us/%5d